At any school, academic success is important. While Portersville's students achieve academic success, our school is dedicated to providing educational excellence from a solidly Christian perspective.
Believing that "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom," our school's curriculum utilizes textbooks from Christian publishers which reinforce - rather than undermine - your family's values.
Some of the highlights of PCS's academic program include:
- Portersville utilizes textbooks from Christian publishers at all grade levels. See the PCS curriculum by grade, including textbooks.
- Students in all grades have computer instruction, with separate computer labs for elementary and high school classes.
- SAT average score for the Class of 2008 was 1609, ninety-eight points above the national average and 131 points above the Pennsylvania average.
- Graduation requirements for PCS are higher than the state of Pennsylvania's and include 4 years each of English, Mathematics and Science.
- PCS high school students can take AP and Honors classes in Chemistry and Physics, and College in the High School Classroom, English 101.
- PCS students have attended many different colleges and universities and have entered into the Armed Forces. See post-high school plans from several recent years.
- PCS students have won many scholarships. See the scholarships earned from several recent years.
- Our Guidance Counselor assists students in planning their class schedules, applying for scholarships, and providing valuable information on colleges and careers.