Statement Of Faith
This is the Statement of Faith of Portersville Christian School as it appears in our handbook:
While Portersville Christian School is an integral part of the Portersville Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, the school does not limit its outreach to just one denomination but seeks to meet the spiritual and educational needs of the evangelical community in the surrounding area.
We recognize that a Statement of Faith is necessary for a basis of unity and government. Therefore, we set forth the following as our standard of Biblical interpretation:
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on High as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the only divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life and become the children of God.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
- The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ will be personal and visible. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth, which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.