Spiritual Life Program
Our Spiritual Life Program at Portersville Christian School is integrated into all grades and supports our Vision: to graduate students with a heart for God who are prepared to serve Him in every area of life.
Devotions, Bible instruction, and prayer are part the daily schedule for our students. Chapel consists of singing and worship, prayer time, and a message by an area pastor and is held weekly for both our elementary and high school students.
Other aspects of our Spiritual Life Program include Spiritual Emphasis Days in the fall during which students are encouraged to prepare their hearts for the school year, Missions Week in the spring, and service opportunities such as our annual Food Drive.
In addition, high school students have the opportunity to live their faith through periodic Faith-In-Action Days. Some recent Faith-In-Action projects, through which students spread the love of Christ throughout our region, include:
- Interacting with older adults in retirement communities
- Organizing donations at a church's clothing ministry
- Collecting items for care packages for the homeless, and preparing them to be distributed by a city mission
- Decorating doors for Christmas for retirement community residents
- Organizing fooddonations at the Portersville Food Pantry
- Preparing meals for shut-ins
- Pre-opening clean-up and preparations at Christian camps
Students also serve each other. Our buddy system, older students helping younger students with reading and in science classes, lets the older students serve not only as volunteers, but also as examples to our elementary students. Further, high school students are eligible to serve on their worship team and lead the elementary chapel each week.
Through our Spiritual Life Program, Portersville is humbled to partner with parents and the church to encourage children through young adults to live a life glorifying to God.